Ray Ramírez Basses Composite Series (Fiberglass Body)
The Ray Ramírez Composite Series is the ultimate Electric Upright Bass. It offers the versatility of a very lightweight and beautiful instrument with the a sound and innovative craftsmanship that has been well accepted by the bass players.
The body of the instrument consists of a fiberglass composite lamination that provides strength to the body to produce a sound with more punch suitable for the Latin Music. Each instrument features a neck made of tropical, american or exotic hardwoods depending on your selection to provide more stability and a dead note free sound to the instrument. The neck can be easily removed for traveling. Each instrument is individually hand made by Ray Ramírez, giving special attention to the finest production, detail, quality and rich deep unmatched sound.
- Neck: Quartersawn Maple to provide more stability and a dead note free sound to the instrument.
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Maple
- Body: Fiberglass Composite
- Finish: High Gloss Urethane
- Scale Length: 41 1/2 inches
- End Pin: Brass collar and metal rod.
- Nut: Ebony
- Strings : Steel Strings or Nylon (Price varies upon brand selection)
- Tuners: Chrome (Optional: Black, Gold)
- Electronics: Ray Ramírez Custom made Diaphragm magnetic pickup with passive controls for volume and treble.
- Neck: Flame Maple and Bubinga or Flame Maple and Purple Heart add $125.00
- Thomastik Superflexible
- Thomastik Spirocore
- ACTIVE ELECTRONICS - Prices includes Piezo bridge pickup and Magnetic/ Piezo Blender circuit in addition to the preamp system that you select. With the Blender circuit you can select between: Magnetic, Piezo or both sounds at the same time.
- BARTOLINI PREAMPS
BARTOLINI NTBT PREAMP($375.00) - 2 band (Bass & Treble) Cut & Boost. Controls includes: Master Volume, Pickup Selector (Blender Pot), Bass-Treble (Boost & Cut) Concentric pot. 9 volt system (1 Battery).
or 18 Volts system(2 Batteries) for more headroom.
BARTOLINI NTMB PREAMP($425.00) - 3 band (Bass, Midrange, Treble) Controls includes: Master Volume, Pickup Selector (Blender Pot), Bass, Midrange, Treble (Boost & Cut) pot. 9 volt system or 18 Volts
- AGUILAR PREAMPS
Aguilar Amplification has emerged as one of the top manufacturers for high-end bass amplifiers in the industry.
AGUILAR OBP-3 ($425.00) The OBP-3 was built from the ground up to be the ultimate source of full-bodied tone, transparency, and versatility for your bass. Three bands of boost/cut and a selectable midrange frequency provides flexibility to dial in just the right tone. The treble control delivers up to 16dB of boost/cut at 6.5 kHz and captures the dynamic of a "Passive Tone Control" when rolled off. The powerful midrange control offers user selectable frequencies of 400 or 800Hz, each with a full 16dB boost/cut capability. The midrange retains constant bandwidth in any setting so there is no "muddy" frequency overlap. The bass control features a boost/cut of up to 18dB at 40Hz, adding Aguilar's signature thickness to any instrument. Combining high headroom and low noise, the OBP-3 is unmatched in providing tonal flexibility while retaining the true character of any bass. 9 volt system or 18 Volts.
Call or email us for custom modifications and woods.